Monday, June 28, 2010

Hello Cupcake!

I got a great cupcake book for a graduation gift called, What's New Cupcake? the sequel to the book Hello Cupcake, which I also own. What's New has a wealth of great decorating ideas, one of which my friend Kendra and I decided to try out; cupcakes that look like pies! Armed with my brand new Wilton Dessert Decorator, I thought this would be a breeze...not so much...
A decent effort, considering I am a complete beginner but I have every intention of trying again. Kendra and I took the rest of the frosting and and made the simpler pink and blue frosted cupcakes. I was most excited to use my new Rainbow Decorating Sugar, I had been searching for it for a long time and finally found it in the baking section of Joann Fabrics and Crafts.
Hope to have better results to show off next time. In the meantime I'll try and hone my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment