Friday, September 10, 2010

Annie Get Your Garter!

Hey there! Ho' there! How do ya do?

Sorry, had to. Anywho, as I briefly mentioned in my last post, my friend Mikki recently got hitched (sweetest couple ever). I didn't really realize how many parties were involved in the whole wedding thing, but first there was the bridal shower. The theme of said party was Leather and Lace, now, I tried to follow these guidelines when it came to my dress, and failed. But when it came to the gift, I couldn't think of anything better than a custom garter, a bottle of wine, and a shot glass presenting several phallic images, but I digress...here's the garter:


I didn't make the original garter (although I intend to dabble in creating them myself), which is the silky black under-layer seen here, I bought that and the plastic guns at a quirky little store on Hawthorne in Portland called, Naked City. The garter cost about $3 and the guns were 20 cents each. When I got home, I surveyed my ribbon collection and decided to make a trip to Michaels, where I found the awesome sparkly, black ribbon (from the halloween collection).


I then attached the ribbon and 3 guns with black embroidery floss, and I think I ended up with a pretty awesome gift! I want to make tons of these now!

I just got a job in Portland, so I hope it doesn't impede on my creativity too much, but it will fund it...so that sounds like a deal :)

Thanks for visiting! Come back and see us soon ya' hear?



No comments:

Post a Comment