Monday, September 6, 2010

Cowl at the Moon


Who knitted an entire cowl last night?? *Points at self* This gal right here!

At about 5:30 last night I decided to partake in some knitting therapy. Had a busy weekend, friend's wedding, so much driving, hardly any sleep. So, I decided on a movie; The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters, about the world champion of Donkey Kong, and got out the super chunky black tweed I bought a few weeks ago.
I am a sucker for tweed in general, but this stuff was special, not only was it black, but the beautiful flecks of color (the signature of tweeds) were rainbow. There are few things I love more than rainbows, but one of them is knitting. So, the fact that I could combine the two was pretty gosh-darn satisfying. Even more satisfying is the fact I finished a cowl in about 4 hours, with breaks, a girls gotta eat. Here it is...





Please excuse the sub-par quality of the picture, as my camera (I have recently discovered) is a piece of trash, and I decided to take this photo on my laptop's camera.

I knitted this cowl like a scarf, experimenting, and knit every row until it was big enough to fit around my neck and not strangle me, then I switched to a simple rib-stitch, knit 2, purl 2, and cast it off after about an inch and a half. I then took the tail from the cast-on edge and used it to sew the two pieces together. The buttons are just for show, but they sure are cute, aren't they?

Really excited to get some use out of this, I'll try and knit a sweater to match it tonight or something (not really).

Until next post, Byeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment