Friday, September 3, 2010

A Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell DELICIOUS


So, yes, I haven't posted in quite awhile...but would you believe that it was because I was too busy creating awesome crafts to share? Well, believe me or not, that's what I've been doing.

I've been knitting, sewing, baking, and stitching to my heart's content! Some stuff for me, lots of stuff for others! I'm going to post them one at a time, so that you can savor them all individually, how does that sound? Hope it sounds good.

My first little project was to make some amazing Rose-Pistachio Cupcakes, from the pages ofVegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, one of the most amazing cookbooks I've ever owned!

Now, I love rose-flavored or scented anything, it's an addiction, for reals. So I searched far and wide for the right ingredients; the outskirts of Portland in an international food store to acquire rose water, and a ridiculous number of co-op's and groceries, to find everything else.

I think the end result was completely worth it. What do you think?




For frosting, I used the recipe in the same book for Fluffy Vegan Buttercream. I failed when I attempted to make that too, rose-flavored, and ended up with a melty pink mess, but the second attempt turned out beautifully, hand-whisked and all.

The cupcakes themselves could have been a little more moist, but I gladly ate half of them regardless. I have made them about three times since and like to think I have perfected them.


Anywho, I'll keep craftin' and keep the posts comin'. I want to give a quick shout out to my girl Kendra who has joined me in my venture to create awesomeness. Thanks for visiting, check back soon!

1 comment:

  1. I really think you should open a cupcake business Mykal! You would ROCK it!!!

    ReplyDelete